SOCCER’S HOLY GRAIL: The history of the World Cup trophy
Dec 17, 2022 | Men's World Cup
Sometime around noon or 1 p.m. ET on Sunday at Lusail Iconic Stadium in Lusail, Qatar, France’s either Hugo Lloris or Argentina’s Lionel Messi will take this 11-pound hunk of 18K gold, hold it above his head to the cheers of the crowd and then parade the trophy with his teammates around the venue.Read More
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- BEHIND THE SCENES: Of the first WCQ for USA ’94, 31 years ago today (1992)
- IT WAS 31 YEARS AGO TODAY: When Puerto Rico beat Dominican Republic in the first game of WCQ of USA ’94
- RETURNING TO HIS COLLEGE HOME: Anderson named Southern Connecticut men’s coach
- ONE OF THE BOYZ AGAIN: Jamaica calls in Red Bulls’ Burke
- NO MORE SOCCER: St. Francis Brooklyn eliminates all athletics programs
- ALL-STAR FOES: MLS to take on Arsenal in D.C.
- WOMEN’S SOCCER HISTORY MONTH (Day 21): They’re on top of the world: USWNT wins 1st world championship in 16 years, routing Japan (2015)
- VIDEO: Ted Lasso goes to Washington – to talk mental health
- A QUICK LOOK: At NWSL financial, team roster intricacies
- UNVEILING THE ROSTER: Gotham FC has 25 players for the NWSL season
- CALLED UP: Casseres, Jr. summoned to play for Venezuela
- MORE PRAISE FOR: ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers