HARTFORD, Conn. – Elvis Amoh recorded a hat-trick as Hartford Athletic won its first match of the year, downing Lansdowne Yonkers, 3-0, in the second round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Trinity Health Field on Tuesday night.

Hartford Athletic will see which team it will meet in the third round later this month at the Open Cup draw on Thursday night.

The hosts dominated the match in just about every area. They outshot the New York side, 24-6, and placed nine shot on goal to none by the visiting side.

Three went in.

Hartford generated six chances in the opening half before striking first in the 27th minute. Antoine Hoppenot dribbled up the left flank and fed a ball across the field and into the box to Kyle Edwards, who headed the ball to the center of the box. Amoh then finished at the doorstep past Lansdowne goalkeeper Anet Clement.

The host side kept its foot on the gas the rest of the half, but could not find another goal. Elvis hit the post two minutes after his goal, and Edwards just missed the net on a shot from inside the box in the 33rd minute.

In first-half stoppage time, Amoh hit the post for the second time. Hartford kept Lansdowne out of its box for the opening 45 minutes. Lansdowne’s best chance of the half came off a Hartford turnover at midfield, which led to an open look at goal and a shot from Julio Espinal.

Hartford broke through the waning Lansdowne back line in the 72nd minute, when Amoh drew a penalty kick after firing a shot off a hand of a defender in the box. Amoh beat Clement to the bottom right corner of the net. Down 2-0, the visitors nearly responded just three minutes later when Shamir Mullings hit the post with a header.

The hosts sealed the game with a brilliant team effort on their final goal. Jeciel Cedeño made a sliding deflection near midfield, hustled to repossess the ball, and started an odd man rush in the final third. The 23-year-old played a ball across the field that was met with a dummy from Jonathan Filipe. The ball trickled to Amoh at the top of the box. The Ghanaian striker one-timed his shot and beat Clement for a third time.

The Green and Blue, which is winless in USL Championship action, begins a three-game road trip at Charleston Battery on Saturday at 7 p.m.