The Red Bulls will open their 17th mini-pitch at Newark Public Schools at 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
The ceremony will take place att Peshine Avenue School in Newark, N.J.
This mini-pitch also marks the latest development in the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s It’s Everyone’s Game national movement to ensure children in underserved communities can enjoy the health and youth development benefits of the game. The U.S. Soccer Foundation has installed more than 500 mini-pitches nationwide. The goal is to install 1,000 by 2026.
The ceremony will include:
* Students from Peshine Avenue School in Newark, NJ
* Red Bulls players Daniel Edelman, Ryan Meara and John Tolkin
* Joe Stetson – Red Bulls chief marketing and revenue officer
* Lamont O. Repollet, Ed.D – Kean University president
* Samantha Lott-Velez– Newark Public Schools assistant superintendent
* Patrick O. Council – South Ward Council member
* Alex Bard, Senior director, Safe Places to Play, U.S. Soccer Foundation