Here’s the end of Carli Lloyd’s speech after the USWNT’s win Tuesday night. (Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports)
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
April 16, 2017
February 11, 2018
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- HIGHLIGHTS: U.S. Soccer’s final board meeting of the year
- REPLACING TATY: So, who will take over for Castellanos?
- THE COLD HARD FACTS: Berhalter explains why USMNT will play WCQs in Minnesota, Ohio
- LONGING TO STAY PUT: Allie Long signs two-year deal with Gotham FC
- COVID PROTOCOL: Several Union players might not play vs. NYCFC in conference final
- DECEMBER ROSTER: Domestic-based players dominate USMNT call-ups
- TWO HAPPY CAMPERS: Red Bulls’ Clark, Long called into USMNT
- SHOWING THEIR TALENTS: MLS event will take place at NCAA Men’s College Cup
- GETTING HER DUE: St. John’s Kajan earns All-America honors
- HIGH HONORS: Hofstra’s Taylor, Porter named All-Americans
- NEW BOSS IN TOWN: Estévez named FC Dallas head coach
- HONORING THOSE SPECIAL PLAYERS: MLS unveils its Best XI