QUEENS, N.Y. – The St. John’s men’s soccer team dominated Marquette University from the opening kickoff to final whistle, recording an emphatic 4-0 Big East victory at Belson Stadium Saturday night.

Four Johnnies found the back of the net as the Red Storm downed the Marquette at home for the first time since 2005. Lucas Bartlett scored the game-winner, his team leading fifth goal, in the 25th minute. Wesley Leggett added another tally in the 40th minute before Adrian Roseth and Einar Lye struck seven minutes apart from one another in the second half. Lye also tallied two assists while Jared Juleau and Micaah Garnette each added one apiece. Lye has recorded four or more points in a game four times in his St. John’s career.

Redshirt junior goalkeeper Luka Gavran made two saves for his NCAA Division I leading ninth clean sheet. The Hamilton, Ont. product, who lowered his goals-against average to 0.57, has become the first St. John’s keeper since Rafael Diaz in 2013 to log nine solo shutouts in a campaign.

St. John’s (9-4-2, 4-2-2) outshot Marquette (6-8-1, 3-5-1) by am 18-5 margin including a 5-2 edge in shots on goal. The Red Storm also earned nine corner kicks to the Golden Eagles’ two.

The Red Storm controlled the possession battle in the early going before breaking through in the 25th minute. Taking their fifth corner kick of the game already to that point, the Johnnies benefitted from a perfectly placed Juleau inswinger that found the head of Bartlett for the graduate student’s fifth goal and his third game-winner of the season.

Less than 15 minutes later, some relentless Red Storm pressure led to another goal with just over five minutes to play in the opening half. After his cross from the right side was blocked, Garnette regained control of the ball on the flank before sending it to Lye near the top of the box. Lye played a right-footed ball in toward Leggett at the top of the six before the junior forward headed into the lower right-hand corner of the net.

The hosts put to bed any hopes of a Golden Eagles comeback with goals in the 65th and 72nd minutes.

The first goal began with Lye near midfield, as he possessed before playing a ball down the left flank for his countryman Roseth. The Wofford transfer dribbled toward the net before tucking a right-footed rocket just inside the post, extending the Red Storm lead to three with his first goal as a Johnnie.

Seven minutes later, Lye found an open look in front following two precision passes from Garnette and Johan Aquilon. Lye’s initial try rang off the right post, but he persisted on the rebound and buried it into the back of the net.

St. John’s has two regular season games remaining, as it will travel to DePaul University next Saturday afternoon before hosting Butler for Senior Night at Belson Stadium Nov. 3. Both matches will be broadcast on the BIG EAST Digital Network.