Head coach Ronny Deila talks about NYCFC’s big win over D.C. United Saturday night.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and 25 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos, the New York Red Bulls and both U.S. national teams for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has published ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers. It is available at Amazon.com at https://tinyurl.com/nfhdk4e5.
September 19, 2020
October 15, 2017
November 21, 2021
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: USMNT needs to fix itself in several areas or suffer a quick exit in Qatar
- HISPANIC HISTORY MONTH (Day 10): Chivas USA’s Galindo looks back and forward at the Cuba national team (2008)
- A UNIQUE LOOK INTO SOCCER’S PAST: ALIVE AND KICKING entertains, educates fans of all ages
- SUPER NOVA: St. John’s men buried at home by Villanova, 4-0
- RIP, TITO: Laurini, IASC national champion, original Lancer, coach, referee, passes away
- RIP, CARLO: Bucich, former LISFL VP, ex-CJSL president, Istria S.C. youth founder passes away
- TURNER’S LAMENT: ‘We hurt ourselves in a lot of ways’
- BERHALTER’S ASSESSMENT: We hurt ourselves with silly giveaways; team lacked personality
- A MATCH TO FORGET: USMNT plays well below par in loss to Japan in World Cup warm-up
- FINDING FAME: Horstmann to be inducted into ENY Hall
- HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH (Day 9): Roger Espinoza dazzles on both ends of the field for Honduras in 2012 Olympics
- EIGHT IS ENOUGH: Hofstra rolls over Hampton in CAA opener