Watch Gudmundur Thórarinsson score the equalizer for NYCFC in its 1-1 draw at Atlanta United Wednesday night.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
February 23, 2017
June 30, 2017
October 28, 2020
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- THE DATES ARE SET: 2023 Women’s World Cup to be played from July 20-Aug. 20
- THEY WANT HIM: Red Bulls exercise option to purchase Coronel’s contract
- THEY’RE OK WITH PKS: NYCFC finally wins a shootout in their most important game in club history
- ECSTASY, THEN AGONY: Castellanos, the Golden Boot winner, gets the boot after seeing red
- THE FINAL FOUR: MLS Cup finalists to be decided this weekend
- VIDEO: 2 goals and a save for NYCFC
- GIANT KILLERS: NYCFC stuns Revs, reach conference final
- LOANED OUT: Gotham FC’s Eddy will play for Australian club through March
- FLAMES ON: Westchester joins USL W League
- JUST DESSERTS: Hofstra men named Atlantic Region’s top coaching staff
- IN THE RUNNING: Hofstra’s Taylor a Hermann Trophy semifinalist
- PERFECT PITCH: Red Bull Arena named professional soccer field of the year