Here are highlights of NYCFC’s 4-1 home win over the Columbus Crew Friday night.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
October 20, 2018
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- ROAD WIN: Red Bulls II defeat Charleston
- VIDEO: Red Bulls’ dramatic penalty kick deep into stoppage time
- THE LATE, LATE, LATE SHOW: Klimala’s 11th-hour PK saves Red Bulls in draw with NYCFC
- SKYLAR’S THE LIMIT: Hofstra GK Kuzmich named United Coaches player of the week
- ONE-TWO PUNCH: Lavelle, Morgan spark USWNT to another rout of Paraguay
- PARDON THIS VIDEO: PTI celebrates Bruce Arena’s 70th birthday
- YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN: When ex-USMNT coach Arena revisited the past, had team train at his youth soccer field (2004)
- A REVISED LEAGUE: New format for CCL in 2023
- HIGHEST EVER: Hofstra women jump to 14th in coaches ranking
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: A happy birthday to a new member of the septuagenarian club
- COMING IN 2023: New women’s league: USL Super League
- HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH (2): Going through personal hell after Chilean rout, Osorio recovers, learns and says he has become a better coach