Zack Steffen captained the USMNT for the fifth time Thursday night. (Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports)
Here are some interesting tidbits from the U.S. men’s national team’s 1-0 win over Honduras in the Concacaf Nations League semifinals Thursday night.
They were compiled by U.S. Soccer.
* USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): John Brooks (42), Christian Pulisic (37), Weston McKennie (23), Sebastian Lletget (22), Zack Steffen (22), Josh Sargent (15), Antonee Robinson (11), Jackson Yueill (11), Sergiño Dest (9), Gio Reyna (6), Mark McKenzie (4)
* The USA lineup represented clubs in seven different countries: England (3), Germany (3), USA (2), Belgium (1), Italy (1), Spain (1)
* At 23 years, 259 days, the Starting XI was the second youngest lineup ever fielded by the USMNT in official competition. The youngest XI came in at 23 years, 172 days in a 1-0 defeat to Colombia on July 5, 2007, in the final group stage match of that year’s Copa America when the team had already been eliminated.
* Zack Steffen captained the USMNT for the fifth time tonight. The team is 3-1-1 when Steffen wears the armband.
* Five players earned their first appearances in official competition for the USMNT tonight: starters Mark McKenzie, Gio
* Reyna and Antonee Robinson and second half substitutes Brenden Aaronson and Jordan Siebatcheu.
* John Brooks and Mark McKenzie partnered together in central defense for the second straight match.
* The USMNT is 17-4-5 all-time against Honduras in a series dating back to 1965.
* The teams have now met 18 times in official competition, with the USA holding a commanding 13-2-3 record.
* The USMNT is 18-6-3 in 26 matches under head coach Gregg Berhalter.