Defender DeAndre Yedlin leads this USMNT squad with 62 caps. (USA TODAY Photo)
Here are some interesting facts about the U.S. men’s national team 23-man roster for the Concacaf Nations League Final Four, which was released Monday.
U.S. Soccer put out these tidbits:
* The 23-player roster averages 17 caps.
* As of June 3 semifinal vs. Honduras, the roster will hold an average age of 23 years, 336 days, with 13 players age 23 or younger.
* Players ply their trade in 11 countries: England, Germany and USA (four each), Belgium (three), Spain (two), Austria, France, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland and Turkey (one each).
* With 62 caps, defender DeAndre Yedlin is the senior-most player on the roster, followed by Tim Ream (42), John Brooks (40), Christian Pulisic (36) and Kellyn Acosta (27).
Thirteen players have earned competitive caps for the USMNT: Yedlin (27), Pulisic (24), Ream (19), Brooks (15), Acosta (11), Weston McKennie (9), Reggie Cannon, Matt Miazga and Zack Steffen (6 each), Sebastian Lletget, Josh Sargent and Jackson Yueill (3 each), and Sergiño Dest (1).
* Nine players won 12 trophies with European clubs this past season: Brenden Aaronson (Austrian League and Cup), Sergiño Dest (Spanish Copa del Rey), Ethan Horvath (Belgian First Division A), Weston McKennie (Super Coppa Italiana, Coppa Italia), Mark McKenzie (Belgian Cup), Gio Reyna (German DFB-Pokal), Jordan Siebatcheu (Swiss Super League), Zack Steffen (English Premier League, English League Cup) and Tim Weah (French Ligue 1).
* Pulisic and Steffen will conclude the European season on Saturday when Chelsea faces Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League final.
* Nine players recently completed seasons where they made 30 or more appearances in a European top-flight league: Weston McKennie (34 GP; Juventus), Yunus Musah (32 GP; Valencia), Jordan Siebatcheu (32 GP; Young Boys), Gio Reyna (31 GP; Borussia Dortmund), Josh Sargent (31 GP; Werder Bremen), John Brooks (31 GP; Wolfsburg), Reggie Cannon (31 GP; Boavista), Sergiño Dest (30 GP; FC Barcelona), Matt Miazga (30 GP; Anderlecht)
* With three goals from the Nations League group stage played in 2019, McKennie and Sargent are tied in second for the League A scoring lead. Teammate Jordan Morris is the top scorer with four goals.
* McKennie memorably scored the fastest hat trick in USMNT history during the Nations League opener on Oct. 11 vs. Cuba, the midfielder recording his three goals within the first 13 minutes of the 7-0 victory in Washington, D.C.
* Pulisic and Sebastian Lletget are the two players on the roster who have previously scored against semifinal opponent Honduras, both tallying in the 6-0 World Cup qualifying win March 24, 2017.