Watch Brenden Aaronson’s fine assist on Red Bull Salzburg’s 3-1 win over Sturm Graz Sunday.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and 25 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos, the New York Red Bulls and both U.S. national teams for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has published ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers. It is available at Amazon.com at https://tinyurl.com/nfhdk4e5.
July 8, 2021
November 21, 2019
October 13, 2019
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- HAPPY ROSH HASHANAH: To the Jewish soccer community from the staff of FrontRowSoccer.com
- A UNIQUE LOOK INTO SOCCER’S PAST: ALIVE AND KICKING entertains, educates fans of all ages
- NICE TIMING: Aviza’s 1st goal of the season helps St. John’s women to home victory
- FRESHMAN HERO: Velde’s goal boosts Fordham women to road win
- GOING FOURTH THE WRONG WAY: Hofstra women suffer 4th shutout of the season
- HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH (Day 11): Armas looks back on his career after his final game (2007)
- CELLAR DWELLERS: Gotham FC shut out again, will finish in NWSL basement
- NO SHOTS ON TARGET: Hofstra, William & Mary men play to scoreless tie
- BLANKING THE BONNIES: Big 2nd-half powers Fordham men at St. Bonaventure
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: USMNT needs to fix itself in several areas or suffer a quick exit in Qatar
- HISPANIC HISTORY MONTH (Day 10): Chivas USA’s Galindo looks back and forward at the Cuba national team (2008)
- SUPER NOVA: St. John’s men buried at home by Villanova, 4-0