For any soccer fans who wanted to attend and watch the U.S. women’s national team and perhaps the men’s squad at the Tokyo Olympics this summer, sorry, you’ll have to watch it at home.

The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Organizing Committee announced Saturday that foreign spectators will not be allowed into Japan to attend the delayed Olympic and Paralympic Games. The decision was taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“In order to give clarity to ticket holders living overseas and to enable them to adjust their travel plans at this stage, the parties on the Japanese side have come to the conclusion that they will not be able to enter into Japan at the time of the Olympic and Paralympic Games,” the Tokyo 2020 organizing body said in a statement.

The IOC and IPC “fully respect and accept this conclusion,” the statement added.

Speaking later to reporters, Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike called the decision “very unfortunate.” But she also said that it was “unavoidable” because policy must favor the health of the Japanese population and that of the athletes.

The Olympic Games were postponed last year due to the pandemic. Still called Tokyo 2020 games, they are scheduled for July 23 to Aug. 8. The Paralympics are scheduled from Aug. 24 to Sept. 5.

The USWNT booked at spot at the Summer Games last year and head coach Vlatko Andonovski is close to naming a final 18-player roster.

The U.S. Under-23 team has just started its qualifying run at the Concacaf Olympic Qualifying Championship with a 1-0 victory over Costa Rica in a Group A match in Guadalajara, Mexico Thursday night. The Americans will play the Dominican Republic Sunday night. A win could put the USA on the verge of qualifying for the semifinals. The semifinal winners will qualify for Tokyo.