Weston McKennie headed home Juventus’ insurance goal in the 71st minute of its 2-0 win over Bologna in Italy’s Serie A Sunday.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and 25 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos, the New York Red Bulls and both U.S. national teams for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has published ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers. It is available at Amazon.com at https://tinyurl.com/nfhdk4e5.
November 16, 2019
October 22, 2017
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- CAN’T STOP THE REIGN: Gotham FC stumbles in Seattle
- FINISHING WELL: St. John’s women end preseason with a win
- BLUNDER CITY: Defensive error dooms NYCFC to a loss at Miami
- VIDEO: The lone goal in the Red Bulls’ loss
- LOW FIVE: Red Bulls lose at home, winless streak reaches 5
- FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON: Menzies named Gotham FC interim head coach
- BACK TO NORMAL: 10-men Red Bulls II drop another one at home
- NO MESSI: Argentine star shut out of men’s Ballon d’or
- GETTING THERE: USWNT equal pay lawsuit gets preliminary approval
- PRESEASON WIN: St. John’s men stop Temple
- BALLON D’OR NOMINEES: USWNT’s Morgan, Rodman, Macario make 20-player list
- ON THE RISE: MLS All-Star game on ESPN up 86 percent over 2021 match