Weston McKennie headed home Juventus’ insurance goal in the 71st minute of its 2-0 win over Bologna in Italy’s Serie A Sunday.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
March 31, 2018
September 19, 2020
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- WOMAN’S SOCCER HISTORY MONTH (Day 3): The 1993 Concacaf women’s championship: a coach’s ejection and another title
- PRESEASON KICKOFF: Red Bulls to begin training at their facility March 8
- SOCCER MADE IN GERMANY: ABC to televise its first Bundesliga match Saturday
- BIG EAST OPENER: St. John’s women host Villanova Thursday
- WELCOME ABOARD: United Soccer Coaches name Hughes as its college programs officier
- MANCHESTER DERBY: NBCSN, Telemundo to televise match Sunday
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR: NJYS honors Schubert
- FOR DES: You can watch McAleenan’s funeral Mass Friday
- FIRST PRESEASON ENCOUNTER: Sky Blue FC hosts James Madison Sunday
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH (Day 30): A tribute to the greatest player ever
- PRESEASON UPDATE: Sky Blue roster has 24 players
- THEY’RE NO. 1: Florida State women top 1st coaches spring poll