Weston McKennie assisted on Juventus’ first goal of its 4-1 win over Spezia Sunday.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
October 23, 2019
March 27, 2019
November 19, 2018
March 21, 2018
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- BREAKING THE CEILING: France’s Frappart to become 1st woman to ref UEFA Champions League match
- A VETERAN AND A NEWCOMER: Red Bulls’ Long, Duncan called into USMNT camp
- BUILDING A ROSTER: 22 players called in for USMNT camp
- JETTISONED: Red Bulls decline contracts of Mines, Rzatkowski, 3 others
- MOVED: Sporting KC-Minnesota game will be played Thursday night
- CLEANING HOUSE: Red Bulls II decline options of 10 players, exercise those on 2
- 50 YEARS ON: Looking back at a special NCC soccer team that is still making an impact today
- LOOKED LIKE A BEATLE, PLAYED LIKE A SPIDER: Arena stood out as a goalkeeper at NCC
- ONE MORE MATCH: USMNT hosts El Salvador Dec. 9
- BENCHED: Positive COVID-19 tests sideline 7 Crew SC players for playoff match
- FROM FUTBOL TO FOOTBALL: Vanderbilt women’s soccer player makes history by kicking for gridiron team
- THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT: 2,722 days after scoring 1st USWNT goal, Kristie Mewis needs only 10 minutes for No. 2