Here’s what San Diego Loyal manager Landon Donovan said about his team forfeiting its final USL Championship regular season match due to a homophobic slur.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
June 30, 2019
February 21, 2017
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: Picture this: Just about up close and personal with Diego Maradona
- RANKING THE DERBY MATCHES: All 17 of them between Red Bulls, NYCFC
- THE ROSTER: Sky Blue FC status for all players
- TWO MORE: 2 LAFC players test positive for COVID-19
- HONORING THE GREATEST: MLS to celebrate its 25 greatest players, goals
- ESPN+ THIS WEEKEND: Bundesliga, English Women’s FA Cup final, MLS and more
- THIS WEEKEND: Premier League action on NBC platforms
- GOING VIRTUAL: You can participate in the Marianne Volpe 5K Run
- FANS CAN WATCH: South American World Cup qualifying matches
- PLAYING NEXT YEAR: Irving FC joins NPSL as an expansion team
- FORMAT CHANGE: For Concacaf League quarters, semis, final
- FOR THEIR LONG-TERM SERVICE: United Coaches to honor Cirovski, Wiecks, Barr