Red Bull Arena will continue to be one crowed venue for the rest of the MLS regular season schedule. (FrontRowSoccer.com Photo)
HARRISON, N.J. – The Red Bulls announced Tuesday that Red Bull Arena will continue to host matches for New York City FC and the Montreal Impact.
The Red Bulls, of course, play at the venue.
“We were approached by MLS to serve as a host venue during this unprecedented 2020 season, and in the interest of helping our league resume play, we agreed to host these additional matches,” Red Bulls general manager Marc de Grandpre said when the first matches at RBA were announced on September 11. “The playing surface, facilities, and broadcast operations make Red Bull Arena an ideal venue for teams and fans watching from home.”
“Our operations group has a reputation of providing world-class training and matchday services to top club and national teams from around the world, and we know that will continue in providing quality treatment and clean, safe environments for everyone involved.”
NYCFC will host three additional matches at RBA. The Impact will play five there from Oct. 3 through the end of the MLS regular season Nov. 8. Montreal will remain in the United States along with Toronto FC and the Vancouver Whitecaps, in accordance with travel protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Concerning NYCFC, Major League Baseball recently announced that all playoff games played after the Wild Card Series (Sept. 29-Oct. 2) will take place at neutral sites. While NYCFC home games are scheduled to be played at RBA, NYCFC, in partnership with the New York Yankees and MLS, are exploring options to host both regular season and playoff matches at Yankee Stadium.
All matches at RBA will remain closed to the public.
- Tuesday, October 6 – vs D.C. United – 7:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday, October 11 – vs New England Revolution – 7:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday, October 24 – vs Montreal Impact – 7:30 p.m. ET
Montreal Impact Schedule
- Saturday, October 3 – vs Chicago Fire – 7:30 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, October 14 – vs New England Revolution – 7:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday, October 17 – vs Inter Miami – 7:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, October 27 – vs Nashville SC – 7:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday, November 1 – vs Orlando City – 7:30 p.m. ET