Gio Reyna became the second youngest U.S. men’s player to score a Bundesliga goal at the age of 17 years and 311 days. Christian Pulisic is still the youngest. Watch him score for Borussia Dortmund Saturday.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and 25 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos, the New York Red Bulls and both U.S. national teams for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has published ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers. It is available at Amazon.com at https://tinyurl.com/nfhdk4e5.
November 8, 2017
October 24, 2020
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- NYCFC’S ACHILLES HEEL?: City’s opponents get physical and make life tough
- NEXT CHALLENGE: Former USMNT player Beckerman part owner of NPSL franchise in Annapolis
- FINES, SANCTIONS GALORE: For NYCFC, Union players, trainer for plenty of infractions last Sunday
- COVID PROTOCOL UPDATE: Struber more optimistic Long will return for Atlanta, not so with Luquinhas
- ROOKIE OF THE MONTH: NWSL honors Sleepy Hollow’s Coffey
- FOR A WORLD CUP BERTH: USMYNT meets Costa Rica in Concacaf U-20 quarterfinals
- FINAL TUNE-UP: USWNT meets Colombia again before qualifying
- SHE’S ON FIRE: USWNT’s Smith named NWSL player of the month
- MLS HONORS: Nashville’s Mukhtar named player of the week
- FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING: When Pele scored his first NASL goal 47 years ago today
- REPLACEMENT PLAYERS: Gotham FC sign 2 after losing 4 to international window
- IT’S OFFICIAL: Welsh star Bale signs with LAFC