The Long Island Soccer Referee Association has awarded six scholarships.
* Jordan Albanese from George W. Hewlett High School
* Nicholas Carter from Chaminade High School
* Sasha Doe from Islip High School
* Julian Franco Jr. from West Babylon High School
* Adam Parente from Sachem East High School
* Scott Thorley from Eastport/South Manor High School
“LISRA’s scholarship committee makes recommendations based on the essay they submit as to why they would like to receive the scholarship, three letters of recommendations from teachers, employers, clergy or friends, their resume, grades and the overall impression of the scholarship application they submit,” scholarship committee chairperson Jean-Marie Maio said.
The scholarships, for high school seniors moving on to college, are open to members of LISRA in good standing and their children. They are funded by LISRA member dues as well as raffle proceeds from the monthly referee meetings.
LISRA has awarded scholarships since 1981.