Watch center back Matt Lewis score for the Cosmos against New Amsterdam FC Friday night.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and all 24 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers, due in 2021.
April 30, 2017
October 28, 2018
June 14, 2021
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- VIDEO: All 4 Red Bulls goals
- WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?: Red Bulls pounds Inter Miami on the road in their most complete game of the season, 4-0
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: Playing foes such as Paraguay doesn’t do USWNT any good
- ROAD WARRIORS: Hofstra women blank No. 22 Princeton
- RED BULLS INJURY REPORT: Meara still out with groin injury
- SURVEY SAYS: FIFA says fans want biennial World Cups
- NO CONTEST: Lloyd strikes 5 times as USWNT routs Paraguay, 9-0
- READY FOR NEXT YEAR: Akron City FC joins NPSL
- WELCOME ABOARD: NISA adds Valley United FC for 2022
- IT’S A FORFEIT: NWSL awards 3-point win to Portland
- TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE: Concacaf U-20 Men’s Championship will qualify teams for 2024 Olympics, U-20 World Cup
- THEY KEEP GETTING YOUNGER: NYCFC signs 14-year-old defender to first team contract