Watch Rachel Daly and her Houston Dash teammates being awarded the NWSL Challenge Cup trophy.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered eight World Cups, seven Olympics and all 21 MLS Cups. He writes about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and pens a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers.
April 14, 2017
June 24, 2019
June 11, 2017
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: Will MLS follow the path of MLB or forge a new one of its own during the pandemic?
- DRAMATIC FINISH: Late goal lifts Michigan Stars FC over Chattanooga FC in NISA fall opener
- LOW MARKS AT HIGHMARK: Riverhounds SC drubs Red Bulls II, 4-1
- GARBER ON THE RETURN: Plenty of challenges lie ahead
- HOME SWEET, HOME MARKETS: MLS returns to play Aug. 12; 18 teams in playoffs; MLS Cup Dec. 12
- RETURN TO PLAY: Red Bulls host NYCFC in Hudson River Derby Aug. 20
- HUDSON RIVER DERBY: NYCFC to kickoff return at Red Bulls, will play Phase 1 and 2 games at Red Bull Arena
- 27 YEARS AGO TODAY: When the USWNT won the 1993 Concacaf women’s championship on Long Island
- IT HARDLY WAS A FIELD DAY: In 1993, the pitch certainly was not championship caliber
- UPDATED PLANS: For Concacaf club competitions (including CCL)
- MEET THE NEW BOSSES: New Jersey Youth Soccer elects Yeager as president, new board
- LIGHTNING 2, SOCCER 0: Inclement weather postpones Cosmos, New Amsterdam Independent Cup doubleheader