Florian Valot registered his first MLS assist since July 7, 2018. (Greg Bartram-USA TODAY Sports)
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Here are some tidbits from the Red Bulls’ 1-1 draw at Columbus Crew SC Saturday.
* Midfielder Florian Valot recorded first MLS assist since his injury July 7, 2018. Valot and Vincent Bezecourt, both of whom ended 2018 with injuries, returned to action as they both were in the Starting XI.
* Gaston Sauro’s goal in the 41st minute broke Luis Robles’ scoreless streak at 342 minutes across all competitions, dating back to last season.
* Bronx native and Red Bulls Academy Product Omir Fernandez made his first career MLS start, while MLS SuperDraft second-round pick and Massapequa, N.Y. native Sean Nealis made his first career league-play appearance.
* Newly acquired Red Bulls Amro Tarek and Marcus Epps made their first MLS starts and appearances for New York.
* New York is 15-16-10 all-time in March. New York has scored 57 goals in March and allowed 57.
* Head coach Chris Armas moved to 12-3-4 overall in MLS regular-season matches and 4-2-4 in league road games.