It wasn’t a classic goal, but Tim Weah tallied his first Ligue 1 goal for PSG in its 3-0 win over Caen Sunday.
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered eight World Cups, seven Olympics and all 21 MLS Cups. He writes about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and pens a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers.
November 12, 2018
April 2, 2017
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- TYING ONE ON: NYCFC, Fire play to 1-1 draw
- THE GOAL-SCORER: Abby Wambach elected to Soccer Hall on 1st ballot
- THE BUILDER: Sunil Gulati elected to National Soccer Hall of Fame
- ANOTHER TEAM: Reports: Commisso close to buying Fiorentina for $150M
- FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING: Sky Blue FC’s Sheridan named to Canada WWC team
- A BRACE OF AWARDS: Garden State Journalists Association honors FrontRowSoccer twice
- SPECIAL TRIBUTE: World War II vet DuPre to perform national anthem at Send-Off finale
- HEADING FOR FRANCE: Cameroon selects Sky Blue FC’s Johnson for Women’s World Cup
- EARLY TWO-GOAL HOLE: Red Bull II loses to Carolina at home
- GETTING OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT: U.S. lose U-20 World Cup opener to Ukraine
- BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: Hassan’s 11th-hour goal lifts Cosmos over FC St. Pauli in international friendly
- THE LAST TIME: The Cosmos hosted an international friendly was in 1985