Bradley Wright-Phillips has enjoyed many illustrious and memorable moments in his Red Bulls career, including his 100th MLS goal he celebrated with his teammates. (Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports)
Here are some big moments in striker Bradley Wright-Phillips’ five-year history with the Red Bulls:
* Oct. 20, 2013 – Scores his first career MLS goal against Houston Dynamo
* April 23, 2014 – Records his first hat trick as a Red Bull against Houston Dynamo.
* July 19, 2014 – Named to MLS All-Star Game.
* Aug. 23, 2014 – Breaks Juan Pablo Angel’s single-season record, burying his
19th and 20th goals in a win against Montreal Impact.
* Oct. 26, 2014 – Ties Roy Lassiter and Chris Wondolowski’s single-season goal
scoring record, scoring No. 26 and 27 against Sporting KC to clinch his first MLS Golden Boot Award.
* Dec. 2, 2014 – Named to MLS Best XI.
* Aug. 13, 2016 – Bradley Wright-Phillips surpasses Juan Pablo Angel as club’s
all-time leading scorer in MLS competitions with 59 goals.
* Oct. 23, 2016 – Clinches his second MLS Golden Boot Award, becoming just the
fifth player in MLS history to earn the award twice.
* Dec. 5, 2016 – Named to MLS Best XI.
* Sept. 20, 2017 – After scoring New York’s lone goal in the Open Cup title match against Sporting Kansas City, he tied the tournament lead with four total goals. Wright-Phillips previously did not tally a goal in the tournament.
* Nov. 5, 2017 – Despite a 1-0 win at BMO Field, the Red Bulls were eliminated
from the Audi 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs by No. 1 seed Toronto FC on aggregate
away goals, 2-2, in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Wright-Phillips’ goal in
the second leg was No. 100 of his RBNY career in all competitions, becoming
the first player in club history to reach the century mark.
* April 28, 2018 – BWP records his first career regular-assist multi-assist game against the LA Galaxy
* July 25, 2018 — BWP becomes the fastest MLS player to 100 goals, tallying in his 159th game in the second minute vs. D.C. United