The eighth annual Capital District Youth Soccer League Coaches Workshop will be held at the Sand Creek Middle School in Albany, N.Y. Saturday.
The school is located at 329 Sand Creek Road in Albany.
“I am very excited about our workshop and the high level of talent and experience our very well-known clinicians and presenters are bringing to the capital of New York State,” CDYSL president Tim Owens said.
The workshop provides a one-day venue for coaches and club administrators to combine attendance at the mandatory coaches meetings with clinics and workshops that enhance player, team and club development plus safety. It’s open to the general public and it is mandatory that a coach or representative from all the CDYSL teams attend.
Check-in before 9 a.m. with the clinics going from 9 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
The line-up of clinicians are:
* Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association director of coaching Instruction Tim Bradbury
He will be giving a clinic on A Rhythm For Teaching Possession and leading a Q&A session on U.S. Soccer’s Players Development Initiative and the New Grass Roots Coaching Courses
* Jonathan Bain, New York Elite boys director of coaching
He will give a clinic on Coaching the 1st and 2nd Defender
* New York Coerver Coaching Director Rob Bruley
His clinics will focus on Ball Mastery Warm-Up. One will be on Moves to Beat a Player and Small-Sided Games while the other is on Passing and Receiving, Keeping Possession and the Fast Break Attack.
* College of St. Rose men’s soccer coach John Ciano
His clinic is on Playing Out of the Back–Developing Movements and Relationships
* Longtime RPI men’s soccer coach Adam Clinton
Clinton will be giving a clinic on Training Possession With a Purpose
* Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts women’s coach Deb Rader and Schoharie High School boys coach Prince Knight
Rader will give a clinic on How to Run a Practice Specifically For Young Players and, teaming with Knight, they will present a clinic on Goalkeeping–Basic Handling and Footwork
* Siena College and U.S. Olympic Committee team physician Dr. Hamish Kerr
The doctor will speak on Injury Prevention and Heading in Soccer
* Luigi Rende, coordinator of Sports Medicine/Athletic Training Services, OrthoNY
Rende will be presenting a Basic First Aid Workshop
Admission is free.
For more information about the workshop, contact the CDYSL office at 518-435-2325.