Harry Cooksley tallied twice for the St. John’s men. (Photo courtesy of St. John’s SID)

OMAHA, Neb. – Following a lengthy lightning delay at Morrison Stadium with less than 10 minutes remaining in regulation, the 10-man St. John’s University men and Creighton University saw their match called a 2-2 Big East draw in the 81st minute Friday night.

The Red Storm moved to 5-4-2, including a 2-1-1 mark in its conference. Creighton, which was 16th in the first NCAA RPI released Monday, moved to 6-4-1 with a 1-2-1 league record.

“Great goal and proud of our guys effort last night to secure a point on the road!” St. John’s head coach Dave Masur said on Twitter.

Harry Cooksley recorded his second and third goals of the season for the Red Storm, registering tallies in the 46th and 56th minutes. ack Shearer added his team-best third assist of the season on Cooksley’s second goal.

Goalkeeper Andrew Withers made eight saves, a season high for the redshirt junior from Wellington, New Zealand.

The Red Storm controlled the pace over the opening 15 minutes of the contest, registering the game’s first four shots, including a David Enstrom header off a free kick that missed just high in the 14th.

Creighton quickly began to battle back, as the two squads went back and forth over the next several minutes before t

The Bluejays broke through in the 31st on a penalty kick goal by Ricky Lopez-Espin, his sixth of the year.

It took the Red Storm less than a minute of second half action to pull the match even, as Matt Forster was brought down in the box by goalkeeper Collin Valdivia to give the Johnnies a chance at a penalty kick. Cooksley drilled a strong right-footed strike, which bounced off Valdivia’s outstretched hand and into the back of the net.

The 52nd minute proved to be a memorable one, as the Johnnies appeared to pull ahead on a goal from Forster, but the play was whistled offside after the ball got past the keeper. Later that minute, Mauricio Rivas was assessed a red card after a dangerous tackle on a Creighton player, forcing the Red Storm to play a man down for a remainder of the match.

Less than four minutes after going a man down, the Red Storm jumped ahead behind a fine from Shearer and Cooksley. The freshman from Aliquippa, Pa., began the sequence by shaking his defender down the left side and crossing to the near post for Cooksley. The senior from London touched it with his outside foot and slipped it through a narrow space between Valdivia and the post, finding the back of the net and putting the Red Storm ahead, 2-1.

Creighton drew even with the Johnnies in the 69th minute, as Connor Ramlo headed one home past Withers off a cross from Joel Rydstrand.

St. John’s will close out a four-game road swing, traveling to Princeton for a 7 p.m. Tuesday encounter.