Maxime Chanot is one of six NYCFC players out with injuries for Toronto FC. (Photo courtesy of MLS)
New York City FC will be missing six players for its Sunday’s game at Toronto FC.
Here is the long list of casualties:
* Center back Maxime Chanot, who missed the win over the Chicago Fire, still will be sidelined with the osteitis pubis inflammation (pubic bone joint).
* Panamanian midfielder Miguel Camargo, who sustained a non-displaced left hip acetabular fracture during the CONCACAF Gold Cup, is out for the season.
* Costa Rican forward Rodney Wallace, who suffered a right adductor strain in the Gold Cup, will miss a few more weeks, according to the Major League Soccer teams.
* Defender Ronald Matarrita is sidelined for at least three more months with a fractured metatarsal.
* Midfielder-forward Khiry Shelton is still recovering from the hamstring injury he suffered earlier in this season.
* Homegrown defender James Sands also will be on the sideline within an apophysitis injury that will keep him out of contention for the next four to five weeks.
On the positive end, left fullback Ben Sweat will be available after recovering from a head injury sustained in an aerial collision during last weekend’s match against Chicago.