About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and 25 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos, the New York Red Bulls and both U.S. national teams for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has published ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers. It is available at Amazon.com at https://tinyurl.com/nfhdk4e5.
September 15, 2018
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- SOME WORDS OF WISDOM: Scurry: USWNT must crush its foes at the World Cup, Olympic qualifiers
- VERY HIGH HONORS: Rapinoe to be awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
- SOME ELECTRONIC HELP: Semi-automated offside tech will help referees at World Cup
- THE GOOD: The six times the USA men booked a Summer Olympics berth
- THE BAD: The eight times the USA men were booted from Olympic qualifying
- WILL THEY HAVE PARIS?: USA men will try to break Olympic skid, will try to qualify for 2024 Summer Games
- NGOMA’S REACTION: ‘It just feels amazing’
- VIDEO: Both Red Bulls goals in their 2nd-half comeback
- LATE SERGE: 16-year-old’s 1st MLS goal boosts Red Bulls to comeback win over Atlanta
- FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME AND EACH OTHER: Husband and wife coaches bring a unique perspective to the Lady Lancers
- SEVERE PUNISHMENTS: 9 Costa Rican players get multiple-match bans, Cowell lone USA player sanctioned
- OPENING THE DOOR: Shaw, 17, can enter NWSL through discovery process