Martin Luther King High School coach Martin Jacobson gave an inspirational and stirring speech at the NYC Soccer Gala Wednesday night.
Posted by Michael Lewis on Wednesday, March 1, 2017
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered eight World Cups, seven Olympics and all 21 MLS Cups. He writes about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and pens a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers.
October 1, 2017
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- STANDING TALL: Howard impresses in MLS debut, standing in for Meola (1998)
- AN ICON CALLS IT A CARRER: Ex-Metros, USMNT GK Tim Howard to retire after this MLS season
- EARNING THE UNION TAG: Ex-Red Bulls defender Collin signs with Philly
- LOAN ARRANGER: Ofori returns to NYCFC on loan again
- $1 MILLION GOAL: Chattanooga FC selling shares of its NPSL team
- TRAINING CAMP ROSTER: Ex-loan player Rzatkowski in Red Bulls camp, among 35 players
- IT’S OFFICIAL: Super Bowl will be battle of the MLS owners after Rams win
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: 3 MLS owners vie for Super Bowl glory
- NO CONFRONTATION: Adams doesn’t play, Pulisic a sub in Dortmund’s win at RB Leipzig
- A FRENCH KISS OFF: U.S. drops 2019 opener to Women’s World Cup hosts
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: Plenty of problems for the U.S. women, but no need to panic, it’s still early
- SACKED: Australia women’s coach fired due to ‘unsatisfactory’ team environment