The Capital District Youth Soccer League will host its seventh annual Coaches Workshop in Albany, N.Y. Saturday, March 11.
The workshop will be held at the Sand Creek Middle School, 329 Sand Creek Road in Albany, N.Y. It’s open to the general public and it is mandatory that a coach or representative from all the CDYSL teams attend. Check-in before 9 a.m. The clinics will be presented from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The workshop provides a one-day venue for coaches and club administrators to combine attendance at the mandatory coaches meetings with clinics and workshops that enhance player, team and club development.
“As president of the CDYSL, I am very excited about our workshop and the high level of talent and experience our very well-known clinicians and presenters are bringing to the capital of New York state,” CDYSL president Tim Owens said
Some of the standout clinicians:
* Coerver Training Coach Rob Bruley will demonstrate ball mastery, passing and receiving plus the killer pass.
* Ihor Chyzowych, director of the Chyzowych Soccer School, will speak about simple finishing, the transition game and mental focus.
* Ivan Kepcija, assistant Academy Technical Director of Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, will lecture on technical development with video examples plus demonstrating fluidity in the game and mobility in the attack.
* Siena College head team physician Dr. Hamish Kerr will talk about what a soccer coach needs to know about concussions.
* Rick Knizek, head athletic trainer for the Shenendehowa Central School District, will discuss First Aid.
* Roy Pfeil, Olympic Development Program coach in Eastern New York, will give “F” license courses.
* Deborah Raber, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts women’s soccer coach, will speak on minimizing ethical dilemmas, plus a goalkeeper session on footwork and basic handling.
* Len Roitman, a form assistant coach of the U.S. national team, will talk about possession and the speed of play.
Admission is free.
For more information about the workshop, visit www.cdysl.org/ or contact the CDYSL office at 518-435-2325.
The CDYSL is one of the largest leagues in the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association with approximately 450 travel teams.