About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered 13 World Cups (eight men, five women), seven Olympics and 25 MLS Cups. He has written about New York City FC, New York Cosmos, the New York Red Bulls and both U.S. national teams for Newsday and has penned a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has published ALIVE AND KICKING The incredible but true story of the Rochester Lancers. It is available at Amazon.com at https://tinyurl.com/nfhdk4e5.
April 4, 2019
Subscribe to Your Daily Front Row!Get daily headlines delivered to your mailbox every morning!
- OH, SO CLOSE: Lancers rally, but drop 1st loss of the season
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH (DAY 5): Too close a call at Tara: When Lancers’ Black players experienced racism on and off the field in Atlanta in 1970
- COMEBACK KIDS: Lancers overcome 3 deficits to stun Raptors in OT to remain unbeaten
- CALL HIM MR. SUPER SUB: Reyna scores off the bench again for Dortmund
- ON THE DEUCE: Wrexham FA Cup replay on ESPN2 on Tuesday
- ONE AND DONE: Late goal eliminates Sounders from FIFA Club World Cup
- EMBRACING THE CHALLENGE: Lancers GK Maddock thrives on saving the day
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH (DAY 4): Ex-Cosmos player, Trinidad national coach Everald Cummings experienced racism first-hand with Chiefs in 1968
- BOTH SIDES NOW: Lancers’ Tavarense prepares to score against and beat the team of which he is a part owner
- HE WILL BE LEFT BACK: NYCFC acquires Argentine defender Cufré on loan from Mallorca
- SOME FORWARD THINKING: Red Bulls sign Belgium striker Vanzeir
- HITTING THE MARK: Geiger named GM of Professional Referee Organization