Martin Luther King High School coach Martin Jacobson gave an inspirational and stirring speech at the NYC Soccer Gala Wednesday night.
Posted by Michael Lewis on Wednesday, March 1, 2017
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered eight World Cups, seven Olympics and all 21 MLS Cups. He writes about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and pens a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers.
February 11, 2017
- TRYING TO AVOID A DUBIOUS HAT-TRICK: Red Bulls need to beat Philly in Open Cup
- PRIDE NIGHT TIMES TWO: Sky Blue hosts Orlando Pride Wednesday
- USL PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sacramento Republic FC’s Caesar earns the honor
- NOT BUSCH LEAGUE AT ALL: NASL names Indy goalkeeper player of the week
- NEW JERSEY ODP TRYOUTS: They’re set for July and August
- SOME ACCLAIM FOR ACCAM: Fire forward named MLS player of the week
- GOLD CUP 4, COSMOS 0: NASL champs lose 4th player, Jakovic, who is called by Canada
- USW ROUNDUP: New Jersey Copa FC, Rough Riders, NY Surf, NY Magic, Lady Lancers, Lancaster
- WINNING WESTERN NEW YORK: Buffalo-based Flash wins season series with Lady Lancers
- CLEARED TO PLAY: MLS allows Larin to resume activities with Orlando City SC