Martin Luther King High School coach Martin Jacobson gave an inspirational and stirring speech at the NYC Soccer Gala Wednesday night.
Posted by Michael Lewis on Wednesday, March 1, 2017
About The Author
Front Row Soccer editor Michael Lewis has covered eight World Cups, seven Olympics and all 21 MLS Cups. He writes about New York City FC, New York Cosmos and the U.S. national team for Newsday and pens a soccer history column for the Guardian.com. Lewis, who has been honored by the Press Club of Long Island and National Soccer Coaches Association of America, is the former editor of BigAppleSoccer.com. He has written seven books about the beautiful game and has two more in the works, including one about the Rochester Lancers.
June 15, 2017
February 26, 2017
- STEPPING DOWN: Christy Holly resigns as Sky Blue FC coach
- THEY’RE JUST WILD ABOUT HARRY: St. John’s Cooksley voted unanimously onto Big East preseason team
- NEW PARTNERSHIP: Between Cosmos and Hospital for Special Surgery
- GOODBYE, HASSELL: Ex-St. John’s standout Phillips passes away
- MEET THE NEW DIRECTOR: Longwell named head of Red Bulls Academy
- SOME GREAT EXPECTATIONS: Monmouth women picked to wear MAAC crown
- CRUSHING INJURY: John Brooks out for at least 3 months, will miss WCQs
- BAUMAN SCHOLARSHIP: ENYYSA rewards Staten Island’s Mullen
- MARSCH SPEAKS OUT: Red Bulls don’t get enough credit
- OFFSIDE REMARKS: Recalling a memorable game on the day The King died